ALL eyes are on Newbury this weekend with some exciting jumps action that should provide more Cheltenham clues.
The ‘Betfair Super Saturday’ plays host to an exciting renewal of the Denman Chase over a little less than three miles, and the Betfair Hurdle – as well as five other fascinating races.
Betfair Hurdle preview
Newbury hosts some top action this weekend and there’s class throughout the card.
Shishkin is the clear favourite at present with a potential of four rivals for the Denman Chase.
Protektorat and Hitman are closest to Shishkin in the betting, with Does He Know and Sam Brown two more contenders.
Edwardstone was disappointing at Kempton last month but is one of the favourites for the Game Spirit Chase on the same card.
Boothill is close in the betting at the time of writing, with Funambule Sivola and Editeur du Gite also in the lineup as things stand.
In terms of the Betfair Hurdle itself, it’s a wide open betting heat at present.
Aucunrisque was last year’s winner, joining a good list of previous victors including Kalashnikov, My Tent Or Yours and Pic D’Orhy – who finished ahead of Edwardstone in that run last month.
Top 10 betting sites for horse racing at Newbury
A closer look at the best horse racing betting sites
Here are some of the top sports betting sites where you can place your horse racing bets.
Tote sports sign up
Bet £10, get £30 in free bets
New customers online only. £/€10 min stake (if EW then min £/€10 Win + £/€10 Place). Receive £/€30 Tote Credit within 48 hours of qualifying bet settlement. 7 day expiry. Qualifying bet is the first racing pool bet added to the bet-slip. 18+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleaware.org.
- The first name in horse racing
- The mobile app is available for Android and Apple devices
- Customer service is available 24/7 via chat
- The welcome offer is lucrative
- Not too many payment methods are offered
2. William Hill
- Bet builder is available
- One of the top sites for racing and football betting
- A wide range of markets are covered
- Not too many payment methods offered
- Big betting market
- The mobile app is reliable and easy to use
- Impressive features, including live streaming, are available
- The specials could have been better
BetVictor sign up
Bet £10 get £40
18+| Opt-in, bet £10+ at odds 2.00+ within 7 days. No cash-out. Get 3x £10 Free Bets on selected events. Plus a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, and wager 20x to withdraw a max £250. 7-day expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply.
- Wide range of horse races available to bet
- The odds offered are competitive
- The welcome bonus is attractive
- Live streaming is available
- The site is very busy on mobile
Betway sign up
£30 matched free bet if your first acca loses + 50 spins
*New UK customers only. Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football or Horse Racing multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. This is offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 50 Bonus Spins credited on placement of qualifying Acca bet.50x bonus wagering applies as do weighting requirements, bonus Spins only available on selected games and expires 7 days after being awarded. Debit card deposits only (exclusions apply). 18+. Full terms apply.
- Vast sports betting markets are available
- Various payment methods are available
- The odds are competitive
- Customer support is not that great when issues arise
- Top rated bookmaker
- Daily customer promotions and bonus codes are available
- The interface is easy to use
- Wide range of betting markets
- Accumulators limited to fourteen legs
Rhino.Bet sign up
Bet £20 get £20
New customers only, 1st deposit. Customers must be 18+. Customers must be residents of the UK/IE. Sign Up using the promo code ‘get20bet20’ and make a min deposit of £20. Place a minimum £20 bet on any selection with minimum odds of evens (2) and receive a £20 free bet upon bet settlement. Only customers signing up through a recognized affiliate partner will be eligible for this promotion. Full T&Cs apply.
- The registration process is simple
- One of the top-rated horse racing bookies in the industry
- Various betting options
- Bonuses are not available for all locations
Unibet sign up
Get money back betting offers at Unibet
- The web page and app are easy to use
- The rewards program is impressive
- Competitive offers available for new players
- The app is basic and lacks a few features
Parimatch sign up
Bet £10, get £35 in bonuses
Terms: 18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £10 on horse racing before 10:00 BST on 24/06/23. Get 5x£5 horse racing free bets (odds 3.00+)+ £10 slots bonus on set games, 20x wagering. 7-day expiry. Valid until 10:00 BST on 24/06/2023. Free bets expire at specified times. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly
- A vast array of sports available to bet
- Live streams are also available
- Withdrawals are processed quickly
- App is efficient
- Competitive odds offered
- Account verification takes time
- Does not support too many major languages
kwiff sign up
Bet £10 get £20
18+ only | New customers only. Min. deposit of £/€10. Qualifying real money bet of £/€10. Min odds greater than or equal to 1.5 required. E/W bets excluded. Offer credited within 48 hours. More T&Cs apply.
- The sign-up offer is generous
- Promos offered are competitive
- Live streaming for horse racing is available
- Banking methods are limited
How we ranked the best horse racing betting sites for the Betfair Hurdle
Here are just some of the factors that influenced our selection of horse racing online bookies.
- Range of horse racing betting markets
- Competitive odds
- User experience
- Bonuses and promotions
How to sign up and start betting on the Betfair Hurdle
Here is how to bet on any horse race at Newbury this weekend:
- Choose an online bookmaker form our list.
- Visit the site and sign up for an account.
- Verify your account and make a deposit.
- Head over to the horse racing section of the site.
- Select the race you wish to bet on.
- Look through the available markets and select your bet.
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.